- 1 small onion, peeled & chopped
- Spice / Herb mix – see below
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 1 pepper, deseeded & sliced
- 1 tin tomatoes or pkt passata
- 1 tin beans, chickpeas or lentils
- 1 tsp veg stock powder or ½ veg stock cube
- Salt & pepper
Spice Mix 1: 1 small chilli, 1cm ginger, 1 clove garlic, ½ tsp smoked paprika, lime juice
Spice Mix 2: ½ tsp chilli powder, ½sp garam masala, ½ tsp turmeric, chopped coriander
Italian Herb Mix: ½ tsp oregano, 1 clove garlic, few basil leaves
Sweat the onion, add garlic, chilli, ginger or dry spices or oregano.
Add the tomatoes, plus rinse out the can with a little water and add too.
Add the vegetables and beans / chickpeas / lentils and the stock.
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until reduced by around 1/3rd.
Taste and season as necessary.
Serve with brown rice, warm flatbreads or wholewheat pasta
Try adding a handful or 2 of spinach at the end for extra goodness!