- 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten free as needed)
- 2/3 – 3/4 cup almond milk or your favourite milk for a non-vegan version – you can add half milk and half Greek yogurt for creaminess as well
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped apples , I used Gala
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup honey or low carb liquid sweetener , optional
Add oats, milk, chia seeds, apples, cinnamon (and sweetener if desired) together in a mason jar, resealable container or a bowl. (If you like your oatmeal more creamier, you can add more milk and less if you like them on the chunkier side – you can also add an extra 2 tablespoons yogurt (dairy free if needed) to make them creamier).
Shake jar or mix and combine with a spoon. Seal and chill in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight. Enjoy cold or heat up in the microwave or stove-top.
Serve with more milk as desired and top with additional chopped apples and ground cinnamon before serving, if desired.