- Oats: Overnight oats are typically made with old-fashioned rolled oats and sometimes quick oats. Use gluten free as needed.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds give overnight oats that thick pudding-like texture and add extra fiber but feel free to leave them out if you aren’t a fan.
- Milk: Use your favourite dairy or dairy-free milk you like or have on hand. I usually like to use almond but coconut milk, cashew milk all work great for a vegan option.
- Yogurt – You can add a combination of milk and yogurt to make your oats extra creamy .
- Fruit: Have fun with your toppings. Add fruit that won’t get mushy directly into the mason jar or toss them on top of the oats when you’re ready to eat.
- Sweetener: Leave out or use any sweetener you like – honey, maple syrup, a ripe banana, dates or any low-carb liquid sweetener like stevia, monk fruit or agave will work.
- Nut or seed butter: Almond butter, cashew butter, pumpkin butter, sunflower seed butter and or peanut butter add that savoury-nutty flavour and a certain creaminess.